Work Seeker Terms & Conditions
Last updated: (17/03/20)
The Sentinel UK Group comprises Sentinel Core Services Ltd, Sentinel IT LLP, Sentinel International Ltd, Sentinel Technology Ltd and Sentinel Technical Consulting Ltd.
- Sentinel will provide you with work finding services. Sentinel will not charge you any fees for work finding services.
- Sentinel cannot guarantee to find you work. We will register you on our database if you have sent us your CV and you will be included in searches that we conduct for vacancies we are handling. If you appear suitable for a particular vacancy, our consultants will contact you by phone or in writing to confirm your suitability and to invite you to apply to that vacancy via Sentinel.
- We may also contact you when carrying out research and to ensure that your registered information is up to date.
- When discussing a vacancy with a Sentinel employee, you agree to notify Sentinel of any outstanding applications or any ongoing recruitment dialogue with that prospective employer.
- Following your verbal assent for an application to be made on your behalf to a prospective employer, Sentinel may write to you and ask for confirmation of those instructions. You agree to confirm such instructions promptly and, furthermore, agree that Sentinel may proceed on your verbal instructions unless you cancel those instructions in writing before your details have been submitted to the prospective employer.
- You agree that, having given Sentinel instructions to submit your candidature to a prospective employer, you will not make a further application for the same vacancy, either directly or via any other intermediary, or, if a speculative submission, that you will not apply to that prospective employer at all within 12 months without first informing Sentinel in writing of your intention to do so. Similarly, and in order to avoid unethical behaviour on the part of any clients, should the prospective employer contact you directly after your candidature has been submitted to them, you agree to inform Sentinel and notify the prospective employer of your candidature continuing via Sentinel.
- You agree and acknowledge Sentinel may utilise the services of a third party company to check from time to time whether or not candidates whose candidature has been submitted to prospective employers are now working for those clients without Sentinel’s knowledge. Sentinel agrees to provide such third parties only with the minimum necessary information to facilitate those checks.
- If Sentinel find you a permanent position, you agree that you will carefully check the contract and any offer letter received from your new employer and that the terms and conditions contained in those documents will constitute your terms of employment. You agree that these documents take precedence over any offer communicated to you by Sentinel and that it is your responsibility to raise any discrepancies before accepting your contract / offer letter.
- When you send us your CV it will be stored and made available offline to Sentinel’s consultants only. Your CV will not be forwarded to any third party unless you specifically authorise us to do so (either verbally or in writing).
- Please note that Sentinel reserves the right not to register you on our database and to remove your details from our database at our discretion.
- Sentinel operate as an employment agency in respect of finding you permanent or temporary employment or seeking to find you such employment within the markets in which Sentinel operate.
- Sentinel operate as an employment business in respect of finding you and administering any assignment or contract during which, as an employee of a intermediary (such as an umbrella or personal service company) your services will be provided to a client on a temporary basis under a contract of services between Sentinel and that intermediary.
- Sentinel are required by law to obtain confirmation of your identity, that you are legally entitled and willing to work in the location and position which the client is seeking to fill. You agree to provide the necessary information and documentation as requested.
- When operating as an employment business Sentinel will seek to obtain and to pay you a competitive rate of pay for any assignment Sentinel find for you but, in any event, this will be not less than the legally required minimum.